Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Perfume Pick-Me-Up

Okay so this blog post kind of goes along with the last post about my favorite perfume but this post is completely dedicated to perfume. Perfumes are fun because you can change them as much as your moods so when you’re feeling girly you can put on a light flowery one or when you’re feeling like having a little more of a natural day you can have an earthy clean scent. I could talk about perfume for hours and a good signature perfume is hard to come by because it’s different for each person. (I talked about my current favorite in the previous blog post titled: “Best Beauty Buys Part 1” if you want to know my everyday favorite) 

Also, keep in my when picking out a perfume the oils in them change when it mixes with your body’s natural oils on your skin so the perfume will change scent a little bit. So, using the little paper testers in the store aren’t the best indication of how it will smell actually on you. What I do is test them on the little papers then pick the two I like the most and put a little bit on each wrist. Then I go about my day and see which one stays on the longest, and which one smells the most pleasant throughout the day...trust me, it works like a charm; I always find one I like a little bit more. Happy perfume shopping!

xoxo jess

Side Note: Many Sephora stores have a cool touch screen computer in the perfume section that you can take a quiz on and it will tell you a few perfume recommendations which is very useful to get you started. Also online, they have a fragrance finder which is fun to check out too. http://www.sephora.com/browse/me/index.jhtml

1 comment:

  1. It does work like a charm! Thanks for sharing your secrets :)

    ReplyDelete