Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Best Beauty Buys Part 1

 Hey beauty gurus,
 
I know I said this post would be dedicated to all my favorite beauty products at the moment but I have so much to say about these products it’s going to take a few blog posts so keep checking back to see the rest of my favs! Also, if you guys like these types of posts let me know and I will continue to write my best beauty buys because I always have new favorites.
 
My first product is the DKNY Pure perfume. I LOVE this perfume and wear it every day religiously. I am a big fan of signature scents; I know it probably sounds silly, but I want someone to be able to smell it again and have it remind them of me. This perfume has vanilla, Dew-Drop Petal, Lotus Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Freesia, Lush Orchid, White Amber, and Creamy Sandalwood. This scent is a little girly and clean but also a little musky. It’s a pretty and simple scent and it smells a little more like honeysuckle when it’s actually on and it is my absolute favorite! So check it out if it's sounds like something you might like!
 
My second product was going to be Urban Decay’s powder blush in Quickie because it’s such a bright beautiful pink but I'm pretty sure it's discontinued now so the next in line for favorite blush is Benefits’ boxed blush in Dandelion. Dandelion is such a pretty light pink but it is the least talked about of Benefits’ boxed blushes and I can’t figure out why because it smells so pretty (yes it really does smell pretty, like flowers) and it brightens up your face with a soft pink glow which I love. There is also a little bit of shimmer in it which creates a pretty glow without having those gross chunks of glitter like there are in other shimmer blushes. It comes with a little flat brush which I know a lot of people don’t like to use so you can always use a blush brush instead but I actually like using the brush provided because I find it puts the perfect amount of color down and it goes on more smoothly and evenly. 

Check back tomorrow for a new post about how to pick out the perfect perfume!!
 
xoxo jess

No comments:

Post a Comment